The Institute maintains a register of consultants, including researchers for projects in Eastern and Central Africa, technical writers, editors and fund-raising specialists. Applications for internships in London and Nairobi are considered at intervals throughout the year. Please address enquiries to email@example.com.
Jobs at RVI
Jobs at RVI
Job Title: Programme Officer - Somali Dialogue Platform
Location: Mogadishu with regular travel within Somalia (up to 50%)
Employment type: Full-time and Fixed Term
Reporting to: Deputy Team Leader - Programmes
The purpose of this role is:
- to contribute to the development and execution of the Platform's programs. Operating under the guidance of the Deputy Team Leader —(Programmes), the Programme Officer will engage across operational, strategic, programmatic, administrative, and monitoring levels.
- support event coordination, partner and stakeholder engagement, logistical management, and administrative support for the Platform's programs.
This role is pivotal in ensuring the effective implementation of the SDP’s program initiatives.
Key Working Relationships
- A close and direct working relationship with the Deputy Team Leader, Programmes
- Regular contacts with Platform personnel including the Team Leader and other staff and consultants requiring support on technical matters and event coordination issues.
- Under the guidance of the Deputy Team Leader, Programmes, has regular contact with RVI’s other programmes and support teams on all aspects of programme communications, research and publications.
- Under the guidance of the Deputy Team Leader, Programmes, regularly contacts with Platform implementing partners and service providers on technical programme delivery issues
Scope and limits of authority
- Consults with the Deputy Team Leader - Programmes on all major decisions on technical programme event coordination matters as well as other programme matters at operational, strategic, programmatic, administrative, and monitoring levels.
- Consults with the relevant Platform and RVI staff on approvals and sign-off key documents related to publications, research and technical delivery management of the Platform partners
Support - Programme Coordination and Planning (50%)
- Assist with coordinating and tracking activities, tasks, and deliverables to ensure the smooth implementation of the Platform's workplan.
- Support the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes in the conceptualization, design, and development of new programme initiatives to advance the project’s goals and mission.
- Facilitate communication with partner organizations to align their workplans with the Platform's objectives and timelines.
- Assist and organize overall weekly/bi-weekly program meetings, quarterly work planning meetings, and program-related events, including agenda drafting, presentations, meeting minutes and action item tracking.
- Participating in the development and planning of program strategies, objectives, and workplans.
- Support in budget planning and preparation for program activities, including preparing program event budget forecasts, collaborating with other teams and platform partners to ensure everyone understands and follows the budgeting plan under the guidance of the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes.
- Assist the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes to identify potential risks associated with programmes and contribute to the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Manage event program under the guidance of the Deputy Team Leader - Programmes to ensure a well-organized execution.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes to support the objectives that align with the programme’s goals and audience.
Administrative Assistance (50%)
- Maintain accurate records and databases of event participants, stakeholders, and partners within the Platform's Knowledge Management portal as directed by the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes.
- Assist with tagging Platform Products and Artefacts on the SharePoint Platform according to access control parameters advised by the Deputy Team Lead – Programmes.
- Coordinate the schedules of internal personnel/advisers for external meetings with Donors or third parties in line with their availability, as directed by the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes.
- Manage the scheduling of Platform programmatic interventions and meetings, tracking them against the workplan, as guided by the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the Deputy Team Leader — Programmes to support the objectives that align with the program's goals and audience.
Knowledge and Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. international relations, public administration, communications) or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in Somali is required.
- Proficiency in using office software and tools, including Microsoft Office suite.
- A minimum of 4 (four) years of experience in programme planning and coordination support with knowledge of programme thematic areas.
- At least 3 (three) years of work experience in Somalia.
- Proven experience in communications, report writing, minute taking and documents organization.
Skills and abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Able to manage a range of tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic programme setting
- Good interpersonal skills and both oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to engage positively and productively with diverse teams, stakeholders, partners/service providers.
How to apply
Refer to the full JD attached.
Please use the form here to apply. Applications must include the following:
- A full CV (no more than two pages)
- A cover letter supporting your application, outlining your motivation, experience and knowledge relevant for the position (no more than two pages)
- The name, email address and telephone numbers of two professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application closing date: 24th October 2023
Expected interview dates: Week of 1st November 2023
The Platform seeks to create dialogue spaces genuinely trusted and led by Somalis, where they can confidently address past conflicts and grievances and collaborate to resolve fundamental differences in their governance ideas.
The Platform works on several priority areas related to the political settlement challenges such as democratization, fiscal federalism, and national security…